Motivational Interviewing Training (Non-Clinical)
CHI’s Motivational Interviewing training is specifically tailored to the non-clinical role. Participants will learn to embrace the spirit of Motivational Interviewing and use this collaborative, person-centered approach to enhance motivation and elicit “change talk” to help those we serve reach their goals. CHI customizes this course to meet the specific needs of the people served by the training participants. The course is practice-based and available at beginner and intermediate levels. [Please note that a free non-customizable online Motivational Interviewing training is available on the TA Marketplace.]
- Articulate the five principles of motivational interviewing.
- Practice the four assumptions that reflect the spirit of Motivational Interviewing.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Stages of Readiness for Change.
- Explore how Motivational Interviewing can be used within the non-clinical role.
- Apply O.A.R.S. skills to elicit change talk.