Strategic Planning for Social Determinants of Health or Flexible Services
Addressing social barriers to health, like unstable housing and poor nutrition, can improve population health and reduce unnecessary health care utilization and cost. It can also improve clinical outcomes, quality metrics, health disparities and member engagement.
This project will help ACOs and CPs assess and implement opportunities to mitigate social barriers to health for their populations. It will help ACOs build or refine their strategy for the Flexible Services program or for social determinants of health (SDOH) more broadly.
Deliverables will include:
- High-level assessment of the SDOH needs of a targeted population
- Relevant literature reviews or case studies
- Development of program vision and goals
- Survey and assessment of social service organizations for potential partnerships
- High level program design, metrics, and an implementation roadmap
For this TA product, HRiA will provide a team of experts with experience helping ACOs and CPs address SDOH, including researchers, strategic planners, and/or senior technical consultants with extensive leadership and operational experience in ACOs and health care organizations.
Customized implementation support is available for an additional fee.