AArete is a consulting firm with deep healthcare experience, working with providers and payers both large and small. We are a nimble organization that is foremost focused on client service. We set ourselves apart by guaranteeing results for our clients. We can do this because after working with many provider and managed care organizations in more than 40 states, combined with our deep data analytics capabilities, we are confident in our ability to provide tangible and impactful results.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- AArete brings an informed and diverse perspective from both the provider and payer side and also maintains a robust network of subject matter experts to ensure we are always providing the highest quality of service.
- We are data-focused and use data to drive our work and provide the insights that result in real, implementable solutions. Our Center of Data Excellence (CODE) is our dedicated team of data scientists that provides essential leadership with the management and analysis of healthcare data, including experience with diverse claim sets, quality reporting, and adjudication systems.
- We make promises to our clients to deliver results and back those promises by guaranteeing a return on investment.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
A large primary care physician group in New York requested AArete’s assistance with fee for service reimbursement rate optimization, as they had been receiving downward rate pressure from payers. AArete led renegotiation with key payers to ensure client is being reimbursed according to market rates. We included creative incentive programs to support new contracted reimbursement methodologies. Total opportunity rate improvements accounted for $2.4 – $3.6M in incremental revenue.
The statements in this document are made solely by AArete. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
AArete is a professional services firm headquartered in Chicago with offices in Los Angeles, Denver, Dallas, New York, and London. AArete was founded in 2008 by its managing directors after 20 years of working together in a Big Four firm and a publicly traded consultancy. AArete’s mission is to help healthcare clients improve in two key areas: to improve their profitability without reducing their most valuable asset- their people- and to drive better health outcomes for their members/patients. AArete measures success by the financial, operational, and quality improvements realized by their clients.
AArete brings experience, expertise, and deep data analytics capabilities to help the ACOs and CPs to deliver patient care with increased efficiencies. As a result, the ACOs/CPs will see the benefits that AArete seeks to provide with all of our clients – improved operational processes, better patient care delivery, and optimized financial performance.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- AArete team members are colloquially known as “AAretians.”
- AArete team members interact outside of the office through two main programs – Aareaching Out and AAAA (AArete Athletic Association). AAreaching Out is a community service focused committee where AArete team members volunteer their free time to give back to the community. Examples include working with the Amandla Charter School, providing volunteers, mentoring students, and assisting with fundraising, as well participating in the Chicago Cares Serve-A-Thon, organizing school supplies and Christmas present drives, and volunteering at food pantries and other charities. AAAA provides an opportunity for AAretians to participate together in athletic activities and sports leagues. We are currently playing in a kickball league!
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
“AArete helped implement a Value Based Care (VBC) model with our leading hospital systems. AArete’s efforts are expected to have a direct impact on members’ care and health outcomes by increasing focus on quality measures correlated to improved care. Additionally, risk adjusted targets established with each provider group are expected to help control medical costs. Lastly, the efforts in developing the VBC model enhanced our analytics capabilities, enabling more real-time analyses and enhanced feedback to our provider partners.” – Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, Managed Care Organization