Advocates for Human Potential, Inc. (AHP) works with MassHealth ACOs and CPs at the difficult intersection of “that’s how we’ve always done it” and the cutting edge of change. We are one of only four TA vendors to be approved in all nine domains, with an exceptional staff with high-level expertise in all areas of system change and the Massachusetts healthcare and behavioral health landscape. AHP’s staff is well-known for working side-by-side with client internal teams to learn and adapt to each organization’s unique character, values, and goals. Regardless of where you are along your transformative path, we can help you expand population health management, develop health IT solutions, and create workforce and staff development programs. AHP brings additional state experience in systems change from work in California, Washington, Illinois, and New York, where similar DSRIP efforts have been enacted to create integrated and coordinated healthcare delivery systems.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- AHP is known for a team-oriented approach to TA: ask questions, listen to the answers, and build a TA strategy based on the organization’s goals—not on preconceived notions of what it needs.
- AHP customizes each TA engagement to flexibly and collaboratively address and solve the main pain points of challenges for each unique organization.
- AHP is one of four consulting agencies chosen for all nine domains of the TA Marketplace – a testament to AHP’s comprehensive expertise in the accountable care environment.
- From our renowned national and state-specific work in a range of specialty areas, we understand the entirety of what it takes for an ACO or CP to be successful.
- We help our clients understand where and how they fit in the health ecosystem, as well as what skills, competencies, and organizational adjustments are needed to continue to evolve and succeed well after the AHP consulting team has left.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
AHP is working with a Massachusetts-based ACO to observe and document the workflows, policies, and procedures in its integrated primary care practices. By standardizing how this organization embeds behavioral health and substance use services directly into their medical offices, AHP is helping them create comprehensive on-boarding and training programs for future staff to ensure that the most high-quality, coordinated care is available to all of their patients, regardless of the location. AHP works in partnership with this client to determine the clinical decision points, core competencies, and cultural and organizational changes that make integrated care really work.
We focus on change for the better by leveraging science for better policy, better practices, and better performance. Our staff have worked at every level of health care, and many of our staff have lived experience that informs our work. We work to change systems of care because we care.
The statements in this document are made solely by Advocates for Human Potential. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT ADVOCATES FOR HUMAN POTENTIAL
For more than 30 years AHP has been helping organizations change health and human service systems of care for the better. We have a passion for the potential of people, programs, and organizations. Our approach is simple. We assess the problem, plan the solution, implement change, and evaluate outcomes, all while maintaining high standards for ourselves and the people with whom we work.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- We help systems of care through their chosen change process because we care. AHP’s staff has worked at every level of the healthcare system, from direct care workers to executives.
- AHP spearheaded and convened two of the largest non-industry cannabis summits in the world—the 2017 National Cannabis Summit and the 2019 North American Cannabis Summit. Both forums addressed public health, science, health equity, and regulation around cannabis decriminalization, medical use, and legalization of adult use.
- AHP owns and publishes WRAP and Recovery Books. WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) is a self-designed prevention and wellness process that anyone can use to get well, stay well, and make their life the way they want it to be.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “We picked AHP for our MA DSRIP TA project because they really listened to us. They wanted to know about our people, our culture, and our values to design the just-right TA plan for us. AHP is truly our partner as we make changes to improve care and access for our patients.” – MassHealth ACO Director of Behavioral Health
- “AHP are the go-to people if you are in the behavioral health industry and need strategic guidance in the rapidly changing world of health care administration, delivery, and finance. They have a wealth of knowledge and resources on top of a creative and engaging style of consulting.” – Executive Director, Behavioral Health Service Provider