With an exceptional team of highly experienced project leaders and consultants, we bring expertise in all nine TA domains and in the intricacies of the Massachusetts healthcare and behavioral health landscape in the first 2 years of the DSRIP program. Our staff works side by side with ACOs’ and CPs’ internal teams, embedding with project staff to learn and adapt to each organization’s character, values, and goals. We are known for our rapid response to changing environments. For example, during the COVID-19 crisis we quickly helped providers identify at-risk populations so they could act to protect them. Regardless of where you are along your transformative path, we can help you expand your workforce competencies, implement your model of integration, develop your population health management strategies, develop health IT and data management solutions, or otherwise accomplish your DSRIP program goals.
This TA Vendor has an Off the Shelf TA Project. Browse Off the Shelf TA.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- We are one of only four agencies chosen for all nine domains of the TA Marketplace offering customized consulting, making us the ideal long-term partner as you incrementally transition from one competency and domain to the next.
- We are known for team-oriented TA. We ask questions, listen to the answers, and build a TA strategy based on your organization’s goals -not on preconceived notions.
- We have customized TA engagements to address and solve the main problems for unique organizations flexibly and collaboratively.
- Our work is rooted in increasing, improving, and adapting staff and organizational competencies, skills, and abilities to match the changing requirements of the healthcare system and needs of the population to improve integration.
- We help our clients understand how they fit into the health ecosystem and what adjustments, big and small, are needed to continue to succeed after AHP has left.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
We worked with a Massachusetts behavioral health/long-term services and supports (LTSS) CP to optimize their care coordination workforce, specifically early-career supervisors adapting to newly created positions. This included key informant interviews to assess current workforce expectations, a gap analysis, and the creation of a workforce development plan to optimize service delivery, allowing supervisors to work more collaboratively and efficiently to reach their full potential. AHP created a competency-based training program for supervisors, focusing on their roles as managers, teachers, and coaches to empower and engage them to supervise using didactics, case studies, and experiential exercises. Topics included self-awareness of supervisory roles and styles (e.g., personality and learning style assessments), constructive feedback, generational differences, and motivating employees through coaching. “I learned a lot from your training,” said one manager. “It was one of the best I have attended.”
Our goal is to support MassHealth ACOs and CPs in being “practical visionaries” nurturing their aspirations to provide the highest quality care, with the most satisfied patients and best outcomes, while also giving them the hands-on training and tools to develop the competencies to do so. We focus on change for the better by leveraging research, science, and experience for better policy, practices, and performance.
The statements in this document are made solely by Advocates for Human Potential. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT ADVOCATES FOR HUMAN POTENTIAL
For more than 30 years AHP has been helping organizations change health and human service systems of care for the better. We have a passion for the potential of people, programs, and organizations. Our approach is simple. We assess the problem, plan the solution, implement change, and evaluate outcomes, all while maintaining high standards for ourselves and the people with whom we work.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- We help systems of care through their chosen change process because we care. AHP’s staff has worked at every level of the healthcare system, from direct care workers to executives.
- AHP spearheaded and convened two of the largest non-industry cannabis summits in the world—the 2017 National Cannabis Summit and the 2019 North American Cannabis Summit. Both forums addressed public health, science, health equity, and regulation around cannabis decriminalization, medical use, and legalization of adult use.
- AHP owns and publishes WRAP and Recovery Books. WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) is a self-designed prevention and wellness process that anyone can use to get well, stay well, and make their life the way they want it to be.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “We picked AHP for our MA DSRIP TA project because they really listened to us. They wanted to know about our people, our culture, and our values to design the just-right TA plan for us. AHP is truly our partner as we make changes to improve care and access for our patients.” – MassHealth ACO Director of Behavioral Health
- “AHP are the go-to people if you are in the behavioral health industry and need strategic guidance in the rapidly changing world of health care administration, delivery, and finance. They have a wealth of knowledge and resources on top of a creative and engaging style of consulting.” – Executive Director, Behavioral Health Service Provider