We offer engaging, powerful, and practical online and onsite technical assistance (TA) and training that is skills-based, grounded in adult learning principles, and accessible to people with diverse skills, technology, education, and life experience. Our work spans the continuum from prevention and early intervention strategies to housing solutions and recovery supports—all with a focus on transforming lives, systems, and communities. Using state-of-the-art research, training, and implementation science, We support providers, programs, and leadership. We can strengthen your ACO or CP at multiple levels including training, TA, consultation, workforce development, implementation of evidence-based and best practices, capacity building, systems change, and strategic planning to develop leadership and long-term sustainability. Specifically, key topics include supervision and integration of the peer workforce, motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, team efficiency, physical and behavioral health integration, co-occurring conditions, equity, telehealth case management, community integration, flexible service provision, substance use disorder, and opioid overdose prevention.
This TA Vendor has an Off the Shelf TA Project. Browse Off the Shelf TA.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- We center equity and social justice in all of our work. We have a team dedicated to both our internal and external equity efforts.
- We walk the walk. More than 45% of our staff is in recovery from substance use, mental health challenges, homelessness, or trauma. Many staff members are also clinicians, practitioners, and leaders with on-the-ground experience designing and delivering services.
- We have deep experience in leading systems transformation work nationally and working with stakeholders to overcome longstanding divisions to philosophy of care.
- Our solutions are developed and improved based on continuous input from the “end user” whether that is the human services workforce or the people most impacted by services.
- We have an in-house research and evaluation team to assess your specific needs and inform the training and TA delivered.
- We are owned and led by women.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
We worked with an ACO to increase team effectiveness and prepare to successfully integrate peer providers into an already established team. The goal was to increase outcomes for patients, satisfaction of team members, and cost effectiveness. Our team has provided technical assistance to leaders at this ACO in three parts: 1) A brief assessment that includes review of current job descriptions, staff allocations, and staff interviews; 2) Presenting the information gathered during Part 1 to ACO leadership and finalizing a training plan, informing Part 3; and 3) Provide training based on the needs assessed in Part 1 and presented in Part 2.
The statements in this document are made solely by C4 Innovations. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT C4 INNOVATIONS
C4 Innovations (C4) is a values-based, mission-driven, woman-owned small business. C4 develops and implements approaches that advance person-centered care, support recovery and stable housing, achieve health and wellness, and effect equitable, lasting social change. They believe that when people are able to access and engage in their own care, the results are healthier individuals and communities, more efficient systems, and reduced costs. Who they are and what they do today is deeply connected to where they come from. C4 began in 2006 with one project – the Homelessness Resource Center, a SAMHSA initiative dedicated to improving the lives of people experiencing homelessness, mental illness, substance use disorder, and trauma. Since then, they have expanded their focus to address other factors that contribute to health including socioeconomic factors, racism, and other forms of social injustice.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- We have an in-house Design for Learning Team comprised of graphic designers, developers, producers, and multimedia specialists. We build products that are practical, accessible, and adaptable across healthcare settings. This team is available to support MassHealth ACOs and CPs.
- Our expertise in translating in-person training materials into engaging online content and powerful online learning tools is frequently requested.
- We host a podcast called Changing the Conversation. Our hosts and guests discuss critical and timely topics focused on substance use, mental health, trauma, race equity, and homelessness. We explore how we can adapt our systems to the rapidly changing landscape of healthcare and social services.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “Our last call was fantastic! We are looking to diversify our funding resources and tap into Medicaid and MCO. We are currently working on our homework assignments to look into electronic medical records and internally looking at service units. Thank you to the team for helping us get to this point!”
- “Our TA provider was truly amazing to work with. The amount of progress I was able to make astounded me as she has a knack of weeding thru the superfluous stuff that muddles up the process of true action. Her help propelled me forward faster than any help I’ve had in the past.”
- “This was an extraordinarily well organized and informative event, with crisis comes opportunity; this webinar on digital peer support is timely for our communities of practice. Presenters and moderators were awesome.”
- “Awesome! Amazing! Insightful! I want more of these to attend please!”