C4’s approach to TA begins by meeting organizations where they are in their knowledge and practice. The C4 multidisciplinary team includes expert trainers and teachers, former clinicians, and people who bring their own lived experiences in accessing health and behavioral health care. Because of this, their TA is grounded in a real-world context, engaging, and practical. Our special expertise in serving and supporting vulnerable populations means that we know how to improve care for some of the most marginalized individuals – this expertise brings value to healthcare services and systems in improving care more universally.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- To each TA engagement, C4 brings a highly skilled, creative, and efficient multi-disciplinary team. Our team includes clinicians, trainers, academic researchers, educators, advocates, and people with lived experiences of recovery from mental illness, substance use, trauma, and homelessness.
- One-third of C4’s staff have lived experience as an individual, and two-thirds as a family member, with substance use, mental illness, trauma, and/or homelessness. This multi-disciplinary perspective informs and enriches their team’s work, resulting in TA that is grounded in first-person experiences accessing, receiving, and delivering care.
- As a mission-driven, woman-owned small business, C4 is flexible and nimble. When beginning a new TA engagement, we immediately mobilize the right team members and are capable of quick-start, rapid turnaround responses. In addition to our in-house multidisciplinary experts, C4 has a deep network of local and national consultants that enhance our expertise and capacity.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
C4 delivered intensive TA to a multi-hospital behavioral health center to integrate a “universal design” approach to care delivery and to integrate peer specialists. This TA helped to expand the new multi-hospital behavioral health team; helped them foster integration and define their purpose and processes in guiding change; created leadership buy-in and increased stakeholder understanding of universal design and peer integration; and assessed readiness and created a data-informed implementation roadmap that encompassed education, training, and implementation support.
The statements in this document are made solely by C4 Innovations. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT C4 INNOVATIONS
Founded in 2007, C4 Innovations, formerly the Center for Social Innovation (C4), promotes best practices that improve the lives of marginalized and vulnerable people. Using state-of-the-art research, training, and technology, C4 helps individuals, agencies, and communities deepen the impact of their work. C4 brings extensive experience leading statewide and national training and technical assistance Initiatives. Their multidisciplinary team of clinicians, case managers and outreach workers, nurses, physicians, researchers, public health specialists, teachers, trainers, instructional designers, and design and multimedia specialists design and implement a wide range of customized, targeted, and highly effective technical assistance.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- C4 has an in-house Dissemination & Implementation Team, comprised of graphic designers, technologists and developers, producers, and multimedia specialists. This team supports a wide range of virtual learning, communications, and dissemination functions and is available to support MassHealth technical assistance requestors with these needs.
- Together with t3 (think. teach. transform.), C4’s training institute, C4 hosts a regular podcast series called Changing the Conversation. Episodes cover a broad range of topics specific to health and social services for vulnerable populations – from substance use prevention and recovery, to housing instability and homelessness, evidence-based practice, and cultural competence and racial equity. Visit: http://us.thinkt3.com/podcast
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
“Our last call was fantastic! We are looking to diversify our funding resources and tap into Medicaid and MCO. We are currently working on our homework assignments to look into electronic medical records and internally looking at service units. We are looking forward to our next call next week. This whole process with has us thinking about strategic planning. Our recovery center is fairly new and so we have not done any planning around strategy. Thank you to the team for helping us get to this point!”
“Our TA provider was truly amazing to work with. The amount of progress I was able to make astounded me as she has a knack of weeding thru the superfluous stuff that muddles up the process of true action. Her help propelled me forward faster than any help I’ve had in the past. Thank you for providing this service!”