The Center for Health Impact focuses on building the capacity of frontline health workers and their supervisors. We work with organizations to ensure each deliverable meets their unique needs.
- Our 84-hour Community Health Worker Course (CHW) is aligned with the standards set forth by the Massachusetts Board of Certification of Community Health Workers. This course can be delivered in-person and/or online.
- Two-day supervisory skills workshop to help CHW Supervisors support the effectiveness of the CHWs on their team.
- 60-hour Recovery Coach training provides all the education requirements for the Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC) credential.
- 8-hour Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course.
- The Youth and Adult MHFA workshops help equip non-clinicians to respond more effectively when a community member has a mental health challenge and is at risk of suicide. Individuals who successfully complete the MHFA course will be certified by the National Council on Behavioral Health.
This TA Vendor has an Off the Shelf TA Project. Browse Off the Shelf TA.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- We have a diverse cadre of seasoned, highly-skilled technical assistants that includes nurses, medical doctors, licensed clinical social workers, licensed educators, and leaders with administrative experience at ACOs.
- We can deliver training at your site or at one of our state-of-the-art training centers in Worcester or Cambridge. Both locations are accessible via public transportation and offer complimentary parking.
- We are a leader in curriculum design and development. Our team members have developed curricula which have been adopted by MassHealth, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USAID, and state, Federal, and International government agencies. In addition to our certification-based trainings, we specialize in leading dozens of courses on a wide variety of topics including: motivational interviewing, the fundamentals of HIV/AIDS, behavioral risk assessment, caring for Muslim patients, cultural competency, and group education and facilitation skills.
- We are among the first interpretation and translation bureaus established in the United States. For nearly 30 years, our Language Link program has trained hundreds of students to become certified Medical Interpreters.
- We have been at the forefront of building the capacity of CHW Supervisors. Our supervisory skills workshops have been delivered on an ongoing basis from coast-to-coast since 2009. These workshops are taught using a systems-thinking approach with emphasis on achieving the triple-aim of reducing per capita cost, improving care, and improving health.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
Working with the state and regional government agencies, we provided TA related to the establishment of workforce standards (e.g., qualifications, definition, scope of practice, recommendations on credentialing, and clinical integrations strategies) as well as the development and implementation of an Advisory Committee. We provided multi-tiered TA over the past three years on the “ongoing work of the State Innovation Model (SIM) program, a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) initiative to support the development and implementation of state-led, multi-payer healthcare payment and service delivery model reforms.” Results included: The establishment of workforce standards (e.g., definition, scope); engagement of multi-sector partners; legislation (i.e., An Act Concerning Community Health Workers) with regulatory standards being presented for review 10/18.
The statements in this document are made solely by Center for Health Impact. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT CENTER FOR HEALTH IMPACT
The Center for Health Impact was founded with the mission to create health equity through partnership and innovation by enhancing access to quality healthcare, eliminating health disparities, and promoting workforce development.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
In addition to pursuing social justice, our diverse team members have discovered many different ways to make their lives, and the lives of those around them, more enjoyable. Our collective joy comes from tango dancing, Reiki healing, backpacking, meditating, bee-keeping and game show hosting. We have a workplace where people are free to be their true selves, including, CHI’s Director, who is known for her quiet but “mischievous” sense of humor.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “[We] worked with CHI to administer a training for our new CHWs this past spring and had an overwhelmingly positive experience working with the organization. CHI was able to tailor their training to meet the needs of our CHWs and come in onsite for 12 weeks to train the group. They were proactive in identifying and meeting the needs of some of our staff and incorporated feedback throughout the training as appropriate. We are hopeful to continue our working relationship with CHI for future relevant training needs!” – ACO Practice Manager