The Center for Health Impact holds strong to core values that inform how they serve all their clients. CHI’s team firmly believes in building on strengths inherent in people, organizations, and systems. They use a strength-based approach with all their clients to help them take ownership of challenges within their organization, while facilitating the development of their own solutions. Through input and collaboration they co-design a process to develop realistic options for solving organizational issues, and increase the likelihood of making sustainable changes that will help improve the overall well-being of the people they are entrusted to serve.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- The Center is unique in its blend of talented, diverse individuals who have dedicated their careers to the achievement of health equity. Each person brings vision, deep personal commitment that is combined with extensive experience and leadership in complex and rapidly changing health care environments. Drawing upon administrative and financial acumen, the Center’s team achieves strategic partnerships that lead to effective implementation.
- The Center’s team specializes in the integration of behavioral health in community and tertiary care systems both in the U.S. and abroad.
- While CHI is a recognized leader in CHW workforce development an additional unique component to their ability to provide TA, is Team members’ work with similar professions (e.g., Recovery Coaches and Peer Specialists) and a broad range of health professionals. For example, James Figueiredo, CHI’s Director of Education and Inter-Professional Development is a noted consultant, trainer, and curriculum developer of Recovery Coaches. This real world understanding of the inter-relationships and complexities of defining and integrating emerging and established professionals, brings added value to CHI’s work.
- Essential to CHI’s approach is the involvement of persons with lived experience in every aspect of service. The Team has a long track record of authentic community and person-centered engagement ranging from forming some of the first Consumer Advisory Boards in the Commonwealth (including persons with HIV/AIDS, homeless individuals, and persons with lived experience of mental health and substance use issues). While individual team members are hesitant to highlight their accomplishments, they are manifold including: Establishing one of the first HIV/AIDS primary care/psychiatric clinics in the U.S.; Creating multi-cultural and cross diversity input on palliative and hospice care; Establishing international HIV/AIDS care coordination.
- The CHI Team will work with you with integrity, partnership and expertise to achieve your system’s integration goals.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
Working with the Connecticut Office of Health Strategy and Southwest AHEC, CHI provided TA related to the establishment of workforce standards (e.g., qualifications, definition, scope of practice, recommendations on credentialing, and clinical integrations strategies) as well as the development and implementation of a CT CHW Advisory Committee. The Center provided multi-tiered TA over the past three years on the “ongoing work of the State Innovation Model (SIM) program, a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) initiative to support the development and implementation of state-led, multi-payer healthcare payment and service delivery model reforms.” Results included: The establishment of workforce standards (e.g., definition, scope); engagement of multi-sector partners; legislation (i.e., An Act Concerning Community Health Workers) with regulatory standards being presented for review 10/18.
The statements in this document are made solely by Center for Health Impact. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT CENTER FOR HEALTH IMPACT
The Center for Health Impact was founded with the mission to create health equity through partnership and innovation by enhancing access to quality healthcare, eliminating health disparities, and promoting workforce development.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
In addition to pursuing social justice, CHI’s diverse team members have discovered many different ways to make their lives, and the lives of those around them, more enjoyable. Their collective joy comes from tango dancing, Reiki healing, backpacking, meditating, bee-keeping and game show hosting. They are a workplace where people are free to be their true selves, including, CHI’s Director, who is known for her quiet but “mischievous” sense of humor.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
“Without the help of the Center, we would not have arrived where we are. In order to reach our goals, we needed a solid understanding and clarification of the CHW workforce and how they can be effectively integrated into our health care delivery systems.”