The Day Health Strategies (DHS) team is passionate about helping ACOs succeed and are highly dedicated to their success. Their mission is to transform health care delivery to make it more patient-centered, affordable, and high-performing. DHS staff have a deep understanding of multiple types of ACO programs (commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid), and are experienced management consultants. DHS knows that every organization is starting at a different place, so they use their experience and knowledge, as well as proven tools and a collaborative approach, to help organizations get where they need to be by first understanding where they are coming from.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- Day Health Strategies has been immersed in developing and implementing MassHealth ACOs since the beginning of 2017. By being involved in the program from the planning stage through implementation, DHS has developed a deep understanding of the MassHealth ACO and CP programs and the challenges that must be met to succeed.
- DHS has experience working with key stakeholder groups including hospitals, provider groups, CHCs, insurers, BH CPs, LTSS CPs, and the Commonwealth. Through their work with ACOs and CPs and similar engagements, DHS has gained extensive experience and deep expertise in providing technical assistance ranging from strategy to execution across several of the TA domains.
- is dedicated to healthcare improvement
- combines a mission-orientation with strong business savvy
- accelerates change
- brings deep expertise, proven tools, and a collaborative approach to make things happen
- has a cost-effective, flexible model
- are in their 9th year as a Massachusetts-based, women-owned business.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
DHS helped design and implement a MassHealth Medicaid ACO which involved extensive facilitation and integration of disparate organizations, including physician organizations, hospitals, a community health center, and an insurer. While navigating this integration and in all aspects of the project, DHS considered the unique culture and needs of each of the entities and their patient populations. DHS also assisted in the successful development of their population health and risk stratification strategy. DHS then assisted with an organization redesign and change management approach to help ensure sustainability and long-term success.
The statements in this document are made solely by Day Health Strategies. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT DAY HEALTH STRATEGIES
Day Health Strategies (DHS) provides experience-based, cost-effective consulting services to organizations that are focusing on strategic opportunities in health care. Their mission is to transform the health care system to make it more patient-centered, affordable, and high-performing. Founded by Rosemarie Day in 2010 to focus on implementing national health reform, she built on her initial success, and the company is now serving organizations that want to transform their approach to offering or delivering health care. Day Health Strategies has worked with numerous private and public-sector organizations in developing and implementing their health reform and related strategies.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- Fifty percent of small businesses fail after 5 years; DHS is in its 9th year and is in the top 3% of women-owned businesses for financial performance.
- DHS is a woman-owned, Massachusetts-based business that has served clients in 17 states, Canada and Puerto Rico.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
“The Day Health Strategies team helped Wellforce successfully launch one of the largest Medicaid Accountable Care Organizations in Massachusetts. From developing a strong governance structure to weaving together a diverse group of provider organizations, the Day Health team provided invaluable assistance. With so many unknowns initially, we needed a team that could be versatile, knowledgeable and nimble in order to effectively design and implement our ACO. The firm’s staff has a broad and deep understanding of the healthcare system, combined with strategic planning and project management expertise. This powerful combination enabled us to respond to daunting timelines with organization and optimism, ultimately resulting in our ACO receiving high praise from the state. It is hard to imagine how our collective staff would have managed without the Day Health team’s support.” -Deborah Joelson, Executive Vice President of Strategy, Wellforce and Senior Vice President, Strategic Services, Tufts Medical Center