We combine excellence in software engineering with a deep commitment to improving people’s lives – which we achieve by enabling care organizations to operationalize innovative ideas. Our approach is highly pragmatic, and does not focus on replacing large existing systems or infrastructure. Rather, we identify simple ways to integrate and augment existing data, systems, and workflows to support new operational models in ways that, for example, electronic health record systems alone cannot. Our work includes developing novel data analyses and key performance indicators, matching and merging data from different sectors, automating data exchange, and developing whole new integrated care planning tools for CPs.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- We are an intentionally small company of 25 people.
- We have been in business for over 20 years.
- We combine and implement complex analyses and user workflows in simple, intuitive software.
- We believe in open source licensed software and in creating shared technology resources.
- Aside from DSRIP-connected work, we also develop systems for homeless service data integration, public health reporting, and education.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
We developed and support the software for a Community Partner organization’s open source platform that integrates homeless service client records, medical provider patient records, case notes, assessments, and more into a central tool for care coordination and care planning. The platform tracks MassHealth qualifying activities, enrollment changes, and claims status, and allows for detailed analysis of the CP’s performance.
The statements in this document are made solely by Green River. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT GREEN RIVER
Green River is a custom software engineering firm based in Brattleboro, VT, with remote staff nationwide. Our mission is to create positive social impact by building software to facilitate transparency, accountability, and continuous performance improvement. We develop and maintain data integration and care coordination platforms to support innovative initiatives in homeless services, social determinants of health focused medical services, and public health. A small, 25 person team, Green River measures the success of a project not by its budget or the size of the contracting organization, but by the scale of positive impact it has on the lives of individuals.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- We have been known to have a lot of pet dogs in the office. Which is great for most of us, but not particularly for the FedEx delivery person.
- There is a 7/8 scale Tardis replica in the staff kitchen that our CEO had custom built.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “Fantastic at understanding a client problem and working to develop a solution” – CTO, international non-profit.
- “Green River’s guidance, process, and continued partnership has been instrumental in moving the mission of our organization forward. The work that they have done exceeded our anticipated outcomes; permeating our organization’s culture to be change-focused.” – Systems Manager, national non-profit.
- “Now I know what a good vendor looks like. We are really surprised at how good Green River is.” – Project Director, large municipal department.