We have over 30 years of experience integrating publicly funded healthcare delivery models across government agencies, payers, ACOs, providers, and community-based organizations. Using experienced, “field tested” consultants led by our Massachusetts-based colleagues, we partner with ACOs and CPs to achieve transformational results. Our work spans the operational, financial, strategic, and clinical challenges facing our clients and the vulnerable populations they serve. In addition to supporting ACOs and CPs on TA projects that address each client’s unique needs, we also offer coaching to help ACOs and CPs leverage and quickly access our knowledge and experience, including our multidisciplinary experts from across the nation.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- Our consultants have professional experience, both locally and nationally, working across healthcare and service delivery systems.
- We quickly assemble multidisciplinary teams with experience on the frontlines of the delivery system, including experts in change management and operations, alternative payment models, clinical services and population health, data analysis, information technology, and the MassHealth program.
- Our colleagues have demonstrated success working with ACOs and CPs to advance strategic goals. To date, we have supported over 15 ACOs and CPs touching many of Massachusetts’ regional delivery systems, including Boston, Worcester, the Berkshires, Merrimack Valley, and the South Shore.
- Highlights of our DSRIP TA experience include leveraging data analytics to prioritize care management interventions that address health care utilization and social determinants of health; building integrated, sustainable business processes between an ACO and its CP network; and improving outreach rates that optimize billable opportunities.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
We have successfully supported more than 15 ACOs and CPs. As an example, an ACO engaged HMA to improve coordination and alignment with Community Partners. The ACO sought assistance to increase understanding of the ongoing challenges in implementing the program across their sites, incorporate best practices into the care coordination model with CPs, and to facilitate improved engagement by addressing barriers to collaboration. Through in-depth data collection and facilitation, including structured interviews and strategy sessions with key stakeholders, we helped the ACO identify concrete opportunities to improve clinical integration and collaboration with CPs and to realize value for shared members. We supported the ACO to develop a short- and medium-term engagement strategy with CPs that emphasized clinical integration, improved communication and increased efficiency to support member outcomes and program sustainability.
The statements in this document are made solely by Health Management Associates. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT HEALTH MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATES
Dedicated to addressing the needs of vulnerable populations, Health Management Associates (HMA) assists policymakers, providers, accountable care entities, community-based organizations, health plans and communities navigate the ever-changing healthcare environment, with a focus on making publicly funded programs like Medicaid and Medicare operate more effectively. Using knowledge drawn from the front lines of healthcare delivery and reform, HMA’s multi-disciplinary teams partner with clients to explore innovative solutions to complex challenges. HMA’s model ensures seasoned experts personally provide consulting services. They have an intimate understanding of the challenges and constraints clients face because they have professional expertise in the field. HMA collaborates across disciplines and geographical regions to put that knowledge to work for every client.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- The Hooper Awards. The “Hoopers” is an annual awards ceremony at our company’s annual retreat to celebrate all that our consultants overcome in helping to meet their clients’ needs. Colleagues submit their favorite, fun and unique memories and top entries are selected. But why are they called the “Hoopers”? It started when their president and founding member, Jay Rosen, experienced an unusual commute to his Alaskan client. Upon landing at the remote Hooper Bay airport, Jay was told that the final leg of his journey would be by snow machine and sled!
- Our offices display photos of the statehouses and capitols from the 18 states where we have offices – an acknowledgement of HMA’s commitment to improving publicly funded programs and our colleagues who are committed to helping vulnerable populations. In addition, each of our offices displays the work of local photographers in recognition of the importance of the local and unique aspects of each state and community.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
“Thank you for helping us make excellent progress. We could not have done it without you. You flawlessly moved us from every stage of formation through a smooth transition. I am grateful and hope to work with HMA again in the future.” -Client, Chief Executive Officer