We provide training and TA for workforce development through role-based training and technical assistance that supports practice transformation, facilitates care coordination, and advances health care quality. Our solutions enable delivery, tracking, and reporting of training, as well as measureable improvement in knowledge, skills, and outcomes. We customize solutions and also offer off the shelf TA. Some of our TA includes:
- Sustainable Infrastructure – Training Delivery, Tracking, and Reporting
- Trauma Informed Care – Customized Training and Support
- Prism, our secure digital platform that allows providers to access patient information between visits and prioritize efficient, targeted communications and care changes
- Remote Physiological Monitoring
- Care Management Assistance (CM Assist) “campaigns” to support patient care and public health emergencies (e.g., COVID-19 symptom tracker)
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- Our team – of physicians, nurses, behavioral health professionals, long-term service and supports experts, and healthcare managers bring real-world experience to QI.
- Our work – as a non-profit health care organization we support local and national health care delivery, giving us a unique perspective along and access to the current evidence-base and promising practices.
- Our reach – through our CMS’ Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) contract support providers in all six New England states and connect with providers throughout our 11 state and District of Columbia network.
- Our impact – collectively, across New England, we’ve avoided 16,738 hospital readmissions; averted 8,109 hospital visits due to opioid adverse drug events; enabled 2,845 individuals to complete Diabetes Self-Management Education; and conducted over 1,000 learning opportunities.
- Our solutions – we have a wealth of experience implementing solutions, including organizational development and digital solutions, that address the unique needs for our clients.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
We worked with providers to implement a Remote Physiological Monitoring (RPM) program for Self-Measured Blood Pressure (SMBP). Using an application programming interface (API) with blue-tooth enabled blood pressure cuffs and their secure provider care management portal, 150 patients with uncontrolled hypertension participated in rapid-cycle improvement project to improve hypertension control. During this 7-month project 57% of patients achieved hypertension control. On average patients reduced their blood pressure from 140/90 within 4 weeks of participation. Participating providers reported at the end of the project, this work: helped to accelerate hypertension control with their patients (100%); felt their patients were more engaged (100%); would recommend the tool to their peers (100%).
We administered a survey for the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission to identify the availability of dual-diagnosis (behavioral health and substance use disorder) services across the Commonwealth. We lead a state-wide Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) workgroup that is preparing to pilot a newly identified protocol for MAT therapy for patients transitioning to skilled nursing facilities. The members include the Association for Behavioral Healthcare (ABH), Massachusetts Senior Care, Massachusetts Health and Hospital Association (MHA), and a select group of Opioid Treatment Programs and Skilled Nursing Facilities. We also convened a statewide summit highlighting evidence-base and promising practices for engaging patients and care partners into safe care transitions.
The statements in this document are made solely by Healthcentric Advisors. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT HEALTHCENTRIC ADVISORS
Healthcentric Advisors has been in the business of health care quality improvement for the last 25 years. They educate providers, support practice transformation, facilitate care coordination, and empower patients to advance healthy quality. Their areas of expertise include health information technology, practice transformation, enhancing care transitions, and connecting providers across the continuum through our community coalition-building efforts. They leverage our extensive network to stay on top of the current evidence-base and promising practices, so we can deliver it to you. Their solutions can be implemented as-is or customized to meet your unique needs. Need something unique? They do that too.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- We are nimble. In response to provider requests, we quickly expanded our CMAssist texting campaign capabilities to support patients at risk for or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Our Patient and Family Advisory Council, consisting of patients and family members from across New England, guides all of our work.
- Our team members are trained and certified in project management, lean processes, Six Sigma, health care quality, coaching, health information technology, and patient-centered medical home.
- We are a Project ECHO® hub: offering expert didactic and case based education on pertinent health care topics, such as Reducing Opioid use through Pain Management Education, How to Operate with Meaningful Engagement for Staff Stability, and Delivering Care during a Pandemic – maximizing Telehealth
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “The entire Healthcentric team excels at translating complex requirements into practical application and have been valued partners in helping us improve client health outcomes.” – Vice President, Performance Management
- “I received superior service. The staff was informed, understood my questions completely and was able to research and provide clear answers in a timely manner. Exactly what was needed was delivered. Thank you!” – Client, Regulatory Management
- “Knowledgeable and very helpful in my understanding of MACRA/MIPS/APMs.” – Client, Medical Officer
- “… an amazing resource for us and our awardees over the years” – Client, Director, Health Policy
- “… CMAssist provides a highly effective mechanism for population health management that is imperative during a health crisis. The Healthcentric Advisors team quickly developed and scaled an extremely valuable solution at a time when providing care to patients in a timely and accessible way is critical.” -Vice President, Medical System