We advise and help hospitals and ambulatory health centers capitalize on their use of software and technology. For 30 years we have developed IT strategies and selected/implemented computer systems. The hallmark of our work is melding people and technology, which requires system set-up and transforming the practical workflows for users as they conduct patient care, operations and finance. We are health care people first – many with clinical backgrounds – which enhances our ability to listen and work with the users.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- We are a Massachusetts-based company with a 30-year track record of serving both public and private sector health care.
- Our multi-disciplined team members have backgrounds in clinicals, patient accounting, general finance, administration and IT.
- We are an independent and objective firm that is vendor agnostic, i.e. we pick the right systems for the needs of our clients.
- We are both critical thinkers and practical do-ers; and are known for addressing complex problems and scenarios.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
TELEHEALTH: we coordinated the implementation of telehealth for a Boston area health system. The first step was the selection of software and provider audio/visual equipment. The implementation was a rapid deployment with changes to workflow, reimbursement, policy/procedures, training and reporting. ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS: we guided the entire IT transformation for a County-based academic medical center and Federally Qualified Health Centers, including strategy, Request for Proposals for the Electronic Health Records, budgeting, and on-time/on-budget implementation. This transformed multiple disparate clinical and financial information systems into a single patient record system.
The statements in this document are made solely by HealthNET Systems Consulting. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT HEALTHNET SYSTEMS CONSULTING
HealthNET is a healthcare consulting firm specializing in Digital Transformation – Health Information Technology, Electronic Health Records, and Health Information Systems. A 30-year Massachusetts S Corporation and Minority Business Enterprise, HealthNET has consulted to 400+ clients, including health systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals and ambulatory health centers, many of which are public sector. The team is led by Clifton Jay, President, and Mary Ann Keane, RN, Chief Operating Officer. They are health care people, so their underlying approach is to have IT support health care clinical and business operations. STRATEGY: IT strategic planning, request for proposal/system selection, special projects. LEADERSHIP: Project Management and analysts with knowledge of major software to augment client implementation teams. ANALYTICS: Applying business intelligence and technical tools for analytics, report writing, interfaces, data conversions, and technology infrastructure. PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES: Interim leadership, staff augmentation, training, and security. PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Workflow/process redesign along with performance measurement; deep experience with Electronic Health Records, Health Information Exchange, finance/cost accounting, and business intelligence/analytics.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- Sounds corny but we care about our team like family, so we probably spend too much time gabbing during staff meetings.
- Our team works hard but also enjoys their hobbies like being in a rock band, fishing, charities, equestrian, tennis, automobiles, and book groups.
- We still have toys and memorabilia in the office from when our kids were little and visited the office.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: “We gave them a ‘short straw’ impractical assignment, yet they handled it with such innovation that they earned the trust of our senior leadership.” – Health System CIO
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT: “HealthNET’s consultant had the skills, knowledge and credibility to facilitate change” – Health System CIO
- TELEHEALTH: “The consultant’s poise and calm along with her diligent work made this project successful.” – Health System IT executive