In health care, even the most innovative technology can create more problems than it solves, with frustrating workflows, data silos, and privacy and security issues. At Intrepid Ascent, we understand that technology systems are built by humans, for humans, and using them well requires human ingenuity at all levels of an organization. We work with health care providers to confidently partner with technology vendors and stakeholders in their community. If you’re interested in using technology to improve your services and outcomes through a human-centered approach that builds on your unique opportunities and needs, we’d love to help you achieve your vision.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- Most significant problems faced by health care organizations are interdisciplinary in nature. As a result, our engagement teams typically weave together expertise in strategic planning, governance, technology, performance improvement, and user experience. Integrated thinking across these domains is rooted in our identity as a learning organization. We are leading experts on data-sharing between health care and social services to address social determinants of health. We value the work of front-line staff and organizational leadership, and effectively translate between the two.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
In Alameda County, California, we have provided Technical Assistance in a range of areas for Care Connect, a care coordination platform for Medicaid beneficiaries funded through the state’s Whole Person Care program. At the County’s request, we designed and implemented a comprehensive onboarding effort that includes workflow assessments, training, and elbow support. Over forty diverse organizations have been on-boarded to date. One participant said it was “the best computer system training I’ve ever received.”
The statements in this document are made solely by Intrepid Ascent. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT INTREPID ASCENT
Intrepid Ascent is a team of experts committed to improving health outcomes one community at a time through effective data sharing and use. Its consulting services promote the intelligent use of technology for collaboration across teams, organizations, and sectors in increasingly value-based environments. With deep experience in health IT, performance improvement, and data governance, Intrepid empowers clients to make informed decisions on complex topics with confidence. Founded in early 2014, Intrepid Ascent is based in Berkeley, California with a second office in New York City. The firm values integrity, creativity, humility, growth, and community as lenses for its work, and its investments in client relationships lead to long-term partnerships with shared mission and impact.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- We have built on our vibrant company culture to stay connected as we have shifted to working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to the use of collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom, staff have launched a range of employee resource groups such as committees on Wellness and the Future of Work!
- We have achieved carbon neutrality for all company travel for the past several years through purchasing carbon offsets.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “The team at Intrepid Ascent has been an essential partner for the transformative work we’ve done in Marin. They’ve helped us create the infrastructure for broad sharing of health care data and supported us in implementing impactful care coordination tools and protocols. They’re smart, fast, flexible, versatile, and honest.” – Director, Whole Person Care
- “Working with Intrepid Ascent has helped us drive our innovative data infrastructure projects forward more rapidly, and in a focused and effective manner. Their interdisciplinary teams are incredibly supportive and provide thoughtful, responsive, and high-quality expertise in a variety of subject matter areas, supporting the transformation of our community’s care delivery systems.” – Program Director, County Health Services