JSI delivers dynamic and innovative training and technical assistance solutions for a wide range of clients including federal, state and local agencies; health care organizations and coalitions; community and advocacy organizations; and foundations. JSI’s services are evidence-informed, culturally targeted, and designed to help organizations build their capacity to improve and expand their public health and health care services. JSI’s overall approach is collaborative, mindful of an organization’s needs and priorities from a practical, budget-conscious perspective. JSI draws on implementation science principles and evidence-based quality improvement strategies to guide organizations through system-wide change in support of improved client, patient, and community-level outcomes. The goal of JSI’s technical assistance and capacity building services is to produce sustainable change that enables organizations to better achieve their missions.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- JSI is a health research and consulting firm committed to improving the health of individuals and communities in the United States and around the world, with a particular focus on underserved and vulnerable populations.
- JSI’s staff is passionate and experienced in health systems transformation and population health.
- JSI’s team of senior technical advisors and project managers are actively engaged in researching, facilitating, implementing, and evaluating not only health system transformation, delivery system, and payment reform initiatives in Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial settings, but also proven care coordination and service integration models that work across sectors to address the underlying social determinant, reduce health care costs, and improve overall population health.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
As part of JSI’s work with the Central New York Care Collaborative (CNYCC) (A Regional partner in the NYS DSRIP Program), JSI convened an expert panel of primary care providers, cardiologists, pharmacists, and community-based organizations and developed a series of principles, evidence-based guidelines, clinical protocols, and tools to inform the CNYCC’s integrated, cross-sector approach to the management of heart disease, including guidance on hypertension and diabetes. The burden of chronic disease, particularly heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes, were identified in the CNYCC’s initial community health assessment as one of the leading health issues facing the Central New York region. As a result, JSI facilitated an extensive series of full panel and small workgroup meetings. Ultimately, the guidance from this panel has been used to drive technical assistance and a broad chronic disease management plan that has been one of the most successful efforts of the CNYCC’s efforts to-date.
JSI has been working with organizations that serve diverse, often underserved and vulnerable consumers for more than 40 years. This experience has provided a unique understanding and appreciation for the importance of tailoring to the unique cultural, linguistic, and social contexts of the consumers that our clients serve. Addressing health equity and the racism, social injustices, and cultural issues that are often at the heart of existing disparities is central to population health improvement and is a focus in JSI’s approach. The core staff for MassHealth TA will ensure that this awareness and consideration is woven into TA activities. A diverse pool of bi-cultural, bi-lingual staff is available to work on project teams.
The statements in this document are made solely by John Snow, Inc. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT JOHN SNOW, INC.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI), and the nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health well-being of underserved and vulnerable people and communities throughout the world, and to provide an environment where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. Since 1983, Boston-based JSI and our affiliates have provided high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 106 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and more than 40 international offices, with more than 500 U.S.-based professionals and 1,600 host country staff.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- One of JSI’s Founders was one of the inventors and developers of the life-saving method called oral rehydration therapy for adults and children, accredited with saving more lives than nearly any life-saving procedure in modern history.
- JSI has been one of the best places to work in Boston by the Boston Business Journal numerous times.