MAeHC is a non-profit consulting firm specializing in health information technology (HIT), practice transformation and process re-engineering. We collaborate with our clients to help them navigate the changing HIT and regulatory landscape. We enable organizations to transform their practices to meet their clinical, operational and quality objectives. We pioneered the national transition from paper to electronic medical records over 15 years ago and today are thought leaders in the latest technology and standards for electronic health information exchange to share information for better care coordination and improved quality. We have hands-on experience with thousands of practices and healthcare organizations, yet we remain vendor neutral. Our vast experience in a variety of healthcare domains enables us to simplify problems and provide implementable solutions with minimal disruption.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- Since 2004, The Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) advisors and consultants have helped thousands of providers across disparate organizations improve care coordination through the effective use of enabling technologies.
- MAeHC has trusted collaborative working relationships with virtually all the ACOs and many of the CPs in Massachusetts.
- We are emerging as the leader in the state for the provision of Event Notification Services for their patient panels and have already begun to directly engage many of them to help prepare their organizations for the MassHealth DSRIP 1115 Waiver objectives.
- We have collaborated with over 900 providers to help them adopt, implement and upgrade their EHRs and to meet Meaningful Use, an early building block for care coordination.
- Our Certified PCMH consultants have helped scores of practices achieve Patient Centered Medical Home recognition which mirrors many of the DSRIP Waiver’s care coordination requirements. Most recently our Mass HIway Account Managers worked closely with MA EOHHS and engaged with over 1300 organizations across the spanning the full care continuum of care including Inpatient, Outpatient, Behavioral Health, Long Term Support Service organizations.
- We are currently developing shared care plans and processes for primary, behavioral, and SDOH providers in Southwest New Hampshire for their Medicaid DSRIP Waiver program.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
For Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in New Hampshire, MAeHC provided the Data and Information Technology (IT) Director for integrated delivery network 1 (IDN-1) to this organization serving over 60 healthcare organizations and ~30,000 Medicaid members in southwestern New Hampshire. MAeHC assessed all organizations participating in their state 1115 waiver, followed by a gap to goal analysis with IT capabilities required to fulfill the CMS waiver requirements. MAeHC drafted the health IT plan for IDN-1 which was approved by both NH-DHHS and CMS. Throughout the planning period MAeHC fostered collaborative planning by facilitating a multi-stakeholder Data and IT Workgroup, by conducting “listening tour” site visits with all partner organizations, and by cross-pollinating the IT support function with leaders working on clinical, workflow, workforce, and patient and caregiver engagement challenges. MAeHC is now leading the deployment of the plan, including the roll-out of Direct Secure Messaging, Event Notification Service, Quality Data Calculation and Reporting, and Shared Care Planning.
The statements in this document are made solely by MAeHC. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
The Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) is a nonprofit services firm delivering strategic guidance, project management, data warehousing and analytics services, and hands-on implementation support to help clients across the country improve their clinical and business performance. MAeHC has been helping organizations buy and implement EHRs, HIEs, and data analytics solutions since 2004. Our trusted team possesses skill sets and knowledge that spans the full spectrum of healthcare domains, and have countless hours of hands-on experience working with a myriad of health information technology vendors. Founded as a collaborative of Massachusetts healthcare providers, payers, purchasers, and other health care stakeholders, MAeHC now serves customers across the country.
MAeHC values focus on customer service. We know that it is not always easy to define needs and that this can change over time. We customize our services to fit the needs of our clients to ensure the sustainability of every health IT project we work on. We jump right in, work with you to figure out the right approach, and adapt over time to suit your needs.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- The Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) annually sponsors a family from the Home for the Little Wanderers, facilitates a donation drive, and participates in their Spartan Race at Fenway Park.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
“Not only does MAeHC understand the overarching principles, they also immerse themselves into individual practices, supplying support for physicians and their staffs as we move into new arenas of value-based health care delivery, quality reporting and data measurement. Their guidance has saved us time and money as we evolve into the cutting-edge community.” – Clinician
“MAeHC is a key partner in our health information strategy. They have played critical roles in the planning, managing, and executing our EHR implementations and HIE rollout, and the Quality Data Center is cornerstone of our accountable care approach.” – Chief Information Officer, Health System