Our combination of curated data, advanced analytics, and technical and operational expertise enables us to extract value from ecosystem data to best serve patients and drive achievement of organizational goals. We are health care executives, Chief Medical Information Officers, Chief Information Officers, physicians, quality improvement experts, policy analysts, change management champions, implementation experts and researchers partnering with clients to achieve results and value. We serve nine of 10 hospitals; 100,000 providers, practices and other health care facilities; and four of five health plans. We were top ranked by Modern Healthcare as the second largest health care management consulting firm in the U.S.; named by Forbes one of America’s best management consulting firms in 2020; and ranked as a Leader in Everest Group’s 2019 PEAK Matrix
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- Optum data assets include: 216 million clinical and claims data lives; over 22 million+ consumer data lives; 24,000 analytics experts, spanning clinical, financial, actuarial and technology
- Our Advisory Services team has over 1,200 experts crossing data scientists, clinicians, finance experts, C-suite executives, process engineers, and the only health system-dedicated actuary practice in the U.S.
- We assist Medicare, Commercial, and Medicaid ACOs understand contract terms, program considerations (analytic/actuarial/strategic), performance monitoring and improvement, and population health/care management.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
A health system in Massachusetts engaged us to enhance their analytics. While the health system had existing analytics, they recognized shortcomings with existing in-house capabilities. We added strategic and analytic decision support around value-based care for the populations they serve. We developed customized analytic solutions, creating actionable insights in reducing cost of care, care management, value-based care strategy. This partnership resulted in reductions in cost of care and is expected to continue to create efficiencies in the health system’s advancement in value-based care.
The statements in this document are made solely by Optum. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
Optum specializes in helping health care leaders address their biggest challenges with insights and strategies to assert control over their organization’s future. As the professional services arm of Optum, Advisory Services range from strategy and capabilities assessments to implementation support and technology, as well as outsourced analytics and managed services. Optum works with clients to design a customized, integrated suite of solutions. The team is able to draw on wide-ranging experts, resources and capabilities across health care strategy, operations and delivery, as well as pharmacy care services, life sciences and population health management. Optum views partnerships as long-term collaborations and is committed to performance, transparency and accountability. The team brings together both consulting expertise and extensive background in positions at provider and payer organizations. Optum is singularly focused on helping clients jumpstart their goals by providing expertise every step of the way, navigating and managing changes that will enable client staff to become more satisfied, efficient and mission-oriented.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- Our Advisory Services team has a strong cycling culture with regular participation in UnitedHealth Care Children’s Foundation Hope Rides events, riding 7,500 miles and raising over $250,000 in the last four years.
- In response to COVID-19, we designed and implemented a telehealth program to 15,000+ providers, including staff and physician training, troubleshooting and best practice identification.
- We created a database for a nonprofit that saves the lives of children with heart disease and advances health equity in underserved communities.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “[Optum] understands how clinicians think, act, and do. They craft solutions with patients and providers in mind using the technology… rather than the other way around. I use [Optum] for my most important work.”
- “[Optum] was an invaluable partner in the successful implementation of Epic. They also brought to us instant access to a wealth of resources and talent to help troubleshoot the unexpected issues. They were the best possible risk mitigation strategy we could have invested in for our organization.”
- “The work performed by the Medicare actuarial team is phenomenal. Very helpful and always willing to provide additional insight on emerging issues or other Medicare aspects affecting the bid.”