Our Clinical and Quality Partners team provides customized training and technical assistance to primary care practices, supporting them to transform care to be whole-person, comprehensive, and cost-effective. Our expertise in population health, operations, and policy ensure that their clients receive timely guidance to meet rapidly evolving demands. Throughout our existence, we have grounded our consulting, investment, and advocacy strategies in the cross-sectional analysis of health, social, economic, and environmental conditions. Examples of TA activities include:
- National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient Centered Medical Home recognition as a foundation for transformation
- Revenue cycle analysis and improvement
- Value Based Payment and Pay for Performance Readiness
- Planning for virtual/remote visit/telehealth technology
- Quality improvement training and system redesign
- Behavioral health and social service integration
- Care coordination and population health management programming
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- We are a national nonprofit that empowers providers to deliver quality care and serve as strong anchors to their community. From our founding as a lender to health centers, we have become an integrated one-stop-shop for organizations seeking financing, training, and technical assistance (TA). Our experience in all aspects of primary care – from construction to delivery – helps them promote and catalyze excellence in the field.
- We have helped more than 2,000 practices in 35+ states to improve the delivery of care and has leveraged over $1.1 billion in affordable financing to enhance primary care capacity in rural and low-income communities.
- Our team of experts have a unique understanding of the care delivery, reimbursement, and financing that is necessary to ensure independent practices, federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), behavioral health providers, and accountable care organizations are well-positioned to meet the needs of their communities.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
We have significant experience with DSRIP. We supported seven New York State DSRIP-funded networks in preparing provider networks to have a demonstrable impact on HEDIS and other pay-for-performance indicators. As part of these engagements, our coaching staff:
- Supported 700+ primary care sites to achieve NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition.
- Delivered a comprehensive care coordination training program to nine cohorts of frontline health care workers, focused on whole-person care for patients with the most complex health and social needs, including serious mental illness and unstable housing.
- Engaged 25 urban primary care practices through 1:1 practice coaching and a collaborative focused on improving performance across four aims: 1) increasing primary care access and capacity, 2) supporting team-based care through standardized roles and responsibilities for care teams, 3) leveraging data to drive quality improvement initiatives, including reducing avoidable ED utilization, and 4) sustaining improvements.
We have three service lines – capital investment, technical assistance, and policy/advocacy – that provide a deep understanding of health care providers’ internal operations and the macro-environments they operate in. With 30 years of health center lending, we have significant experience identifying funding sources to support expansion, including New Markets Tax Credits, debt financing, grants, and co-lending with other development institutions. We understand the process of launching new sites of care, including the required community assessment, capitalization, financial planning, and regulatory planning. Our technical assistance staff have a long history of regular engagement with health care organizations – from frontline staff to providers and executives. Our TA is guided by the principles of adult learning: self-directedness, learning by doing, relevance to their situation, using multiple senses, skill-practice, and personal development, among others. Because each of our staff have direct experience working in primary care, our TA is practical, proven, and represents best practices in public health and health care.
The statements in this document are made solely by Primary Care Development Corporation. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT PRIMARY CARE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
PCDC is a nonprofit organization and national community development financial institution, founded in 1993 to address a critical lack of access to primary care services in New York City’s underserved neighborhoods. Our mission is to catalyze excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, transformative capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC’s mission and approach to TA is grounded in a deep understanding of the needs of health care and community-based service providers in an evolving health care landscape, including the movement toward value-based payments and a focus on the quadruple aim of health care: enhancing patient experience, improving population health, reducing costs, and improving the work life of health care clinicians and staff. PCDC provides expert and customized consulting, training, coaching, and technical assistance to promote accessible, coordinated, high-quality, and compassionate care.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- Our headquarters are located at 45 Broadway in the Financial District of New York City, on the site of the presidential mansion occupied by George Washington during his first term as U.S. President, when New York City was the capital, and just steps away from the famed Wall Street sculptures of the “Charging Bull” and “Defiant Girl.”
- From our roots in New York City, our team now has provided services in close to 40 states since our founding in 1993.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “PCDC has proven to be an integral part of the way we train our care coordination staff.” – Client, Director of Workforce Innovation
- “From curriculum design to executing lessons, Angie and Yael’s care and dedication have made them a pleasure to work with and learn from. We at BPHC are thrilled that this partnership has been so successful.”
- “The medical home model is essential to [our organization’s] strategy of transforming how health care is delivered in the communities we serve.” – CEO
- “PCDC’s leadership and expertise has helped us strengthen our practices, and we are delighted that [our] faculty practice is PCDC’s 200th successful NCQA PCMH recognition.”