We get primary care and behavioral health providers; we’ve spent 30 years providing affordable and flexible loans, delivering training and consultation, and advocating for health equity. Our staff are expert change agents – they’ve helped organizations apply for PPP loans, integrate Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) screening into practice, improve their billing, and address the difficult questions of equity and justice. We’ve given trainings to hundreds of care coordinators, led learning collaboratives around the use of PrEP, and supported nearly 900 sites for Patient Centered Medical Home recognition. Our staff are skilled in:
- Quality Improvement and system redesign
- Behavioral Health and social service integration
- Population management and care coordination
- Revenue cycle analysis and improvement
COVID-19 has upended community-based care – we can help organizations and their staff recover stronger.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- We have helped more than 2,000 practices in 44 states improve the delivery of care.
- We leveraged over $1.2 billion in financing to enhance primary care capacity in rural and low-income communities.
- Throughout COVID-19, we’ve fundraised to support our technical assistance at no-cost to independents and FQHCs.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
Recently, we supported a public hospital’s ACO to engage their network of 27 Federally Qualified Health Centers and independent providers for improvements in high-value HEDIS measures. Our work prepared the providers for participation in value-based payment agreements and improved their use of health plan data, electronic health records, and related reporting tools to drive quality improvement. We led a hybrid learning collaborative and 1:1 practice coaching initiative to achieve improvements in HEDIS measures and to introduce practices to robust process improvement methodologies.
We have three service lines – capital investment, technical assistance, and policy/advocacy – that provide a deep understanding of health care providers’ internal operations and the macro-environments they operate in. With 30 years of health center lending, we have significant experience identifying funding sources to support expansion, including New Markets Tax Credits, debt financing, grants, and co-lending with other development institutions. We understand the process of launching new sites of care, including the required community assessment, capitalization, financial planning, and regulatory planning. Our technical assistance staff have a long history of regular engagement with health care organizations – from frontline staff to providers and executives. Our TA is guided by the principles of adult learning: self-directedness, learning by doing, relevance to their situation, using multiple senses, skill-practice, and personal development, among others. Because each of our staff have direct experience working in primary care, our TA is practical, proven, and represents best practices in public health and health care.
The statements in this document are made solely by Primary Care Development Corporation. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT PRIMARY CARE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is a national nonprofit and community development financial institution; our mission is to catalyze excellence in primary care to achieve health equity.
We were founded in 1993 as a public-private partnership to drive investment in primary care in disinvested communities. We’ve since expanded to meet providers’ evolving needs for access to affordable capital, training and expert consultation, evaluation and research, and policy change.
Our approach to change is grounded in a deep understanding of providers’ financial, operational, and regulatory realities; our experts all have frontline and management experience in health settings. We understand the move toward VBP, the need to integrate behavioral health and other critical services, the investments needed to address social determinants, and that professionals are at risk of burnout from these changes. Our team works with networks and individual providers to ensure they’re well positioned to promote and provide accessible, high-quality, and whole-person care.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- Our staff include former health center practice managers, wall street bankers, nurses and social workers, a psychologist, a health system administrator, evaluation experts, and even a former Deputy Commissioner of Health.
- We’ve delivered training to over 10,000 health care professionals across the country over the last 28 years, including in-person, live virtual sessions, and self-paced online learning modules.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “They’re organized, bring a level of expertise on telehealth and RPM, and have been a great support to our centers.” – Federally Qualified Health Center Network Quality Director
- “From curriculum design to executing lessons, [PCDC’s] care and dedication have made them a pleasure to work with. We are thrilled that this has been so successful.” – ACO Executive
- “PCDC’s coaches have the improvement science and population health expertise to support our sites to have a measurable impact.” – Behavioral Health Independent Practice Association Executive