At SMC’s core is the desire to help clients be successful. In order to do that, staff must be experienced in the work that the client does and a point of view about what can be accomplished. Health care and social services remains our focus, with highly regarded subject matter experts on every project and in all of the domains where we provide technical assistance. SMC’s approach is to define a client’s objectives, decide how best to work with others, what additional information is needed, and then determine a process for implementation. The SMC team formulates business and clinical processes, workflows, and enables technology. The result of our TA produces what a client needs, the systems that people want to use, and value for the client and the people they serve.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- You can’t attract and retain outstanding consultants unless you offer them a culture of respect, trust, teamwork, rapid learning, flexibility, meaningful work, and opportunity for growth. SMC walks that talk every day, and the result is high performing teams that are enthusiastic about the positive difference they can make.
- SMC only works in health care and social services because that is where we see opportunity for change and the positive impact it can have in our clients’ communities. We have 70 permanent consultants with deep experience in patient care, process design, information systems, and data management.
- Pound for pound we have the experience of much larger firms, yet SMC is nimble, flexible, and always aim to work collaboratively with clients.
- SMC deploys “boots on the ground” consultants on every project. We spend time understanding the details of each client’s operations and, most important, we invest time to earn the trust of the people we serve.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
Community Health Center Association of Connecticut (CHCACT) is a nonprofit dedicated to strengthening the clinical and administrative operations of its 16 Federally Qualified Health Centers and “look-alikes,” serving one of every ten Connecticut residents. The health centers operate independently and use different EHR systems, but they decided to collaborate to measure and enhance quality, optimize their workflows, and prepare themselves for value-based contracting. SMC helped the centers maximize their use of EHRs to achieve the clinical and financial objectives of the Meaningful Use program. As a Technical Assistance provider under the federal “Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative” (TCPI) program, SMC is helping the centers streamline workflows, enhance the quality of their EHR data, and link clinical and claims data to provide the analytics that are necessary for value-based contracting. A CHCACT performance dashboard helps each health center measure success over time.
In 2017 the Hartford Business Journal ranked us #1 of best places to work in their small business category. In 2018 the Hartford Courant did the same. Fulfilled, energetic teammates do great work for clients and, for SMC, that has resulted in very happy clients.
The statements in this document are made solely by SMC Partners, LLC. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT SMC PARTNERS
SMC Partners is an information technology, business process, human performance consulting and solution delivery company focused on healthcare, health insurance, and social services. SMC designs, builds, and operates administrative, care delivery capabilities and information technology applications that grow our clients’ enterprises. SMC’s focus is helping healthcare and social services clients, with the aim of enhancing outcomes for their customers – patients, health plan members, or residents of a caring community. With our clients, we share a vision of truly integrated care, where providers work together and share data to address multiple dimensions of overall health: physical, behavioral, and social. Services provided include population health, practice transformation, data management, health information exchange, process design, innovation and discovery, system design and development, and project management. Building this vision, one project at a time, helps our clients succeed in delivering value-based care.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- We love being together, at work and after hours.
- There’s a special energy here, and we channel that into group activities, like Bowling for Kids, volunteering at the Klingberg Family Centers auto show, building canned food art for The Chrysalis Center, competing in a Riverfront Recapture dragon boat, or competing in Tough Mudders and Spartan races.
- We are a competitive crowd, but we help each other over the walls – just like we do on our client engagements.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
“SMC has supported eHealthConnecticut since our inception in 2006. In our role as Connecticut’s Regional Extension Center, SMC provided technical assistance to primary care providers throughout the state, helping us exceed our goal of 1,300 providers achieving Meaningful Use of EHR systems. SMC is currently helping our community health centers with quality reporting and improvement, and providing assistance to hospitals and health centers participating in DPH’s Wise Woman and SHAPE programs to address chronic illness in vulnerable populations. SMC is a partner we trust with our mission of enhancing healthcare for Connecticut’s residents.” – Ron Buckman, MD, MPH, Board Chair, eHealthConnecticut