At our core is the desire to help clients be successful. In order to do that, staff must be experienced in the work that the client does and have a point of view about what can be accomplished. Health care and social services remains our focus, with highly regarded subject matter experts on every project and in all of the domains where we provide technical assistance. SMC’s approach is to define a client’s objectives, decide how best to work with others, what additional information is needed, and then determine a process for implementation. The SMC team formulates business and clinical processes, workflows, and enables technology. The result of our TA produces what a client needs, the systems that people want to use, and value for the client and the people they serve.
This TA Vendor has an Off the Shelf TA Project. Browse Off the Shelf TA.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- You can’t attract and retain outstanding consultants unless you offer them a culture of respect, trust, teamwork, rapid learning, flexibility, meaningful work, and opportunity for growth. We walk that talk every day, and the result is high performing teams that are enthusiastic about the positive difference they can make.
- We only work in health care and social services because that is where we see opportunity for change and the positive impact it can have in our clients’ communities. We have 70 permanent consultants with deep experience in patient care, process design, information systems, and data management.
- Pound for pound we have the experience of much larger firms, yet we’re nimble, flexible, and always aim to work collaboratively with clients.
- We deploy “boots on the ground” consultants on every project. We spend time understanding the details of each client’s operations and, most important, we invest time to earn the trust of the people we serve.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
We have supported MassHealth Community Partners and ACOs in western, central, and eastern MA since the inception of the program. We helped ACOs with EHR interfacing with hospitals, PCPs and CPs; community-based member assessment systems, consolidated clinical and administrative data, member and provider portals, federated care management automation, flexible services authorization and payment system, HEDIS and hybrid quality calculations and reporting, analytics dashboards, MassHealth performance reporting.
We have helped Behavioral Health and Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) CPs with a care management system for LTSS and social services, flexible services billing system, “Consent to Share” automation to redact or share sensitive data, design, development and implementation of data warehouses and analytics dashboards with care management, claims and clinical data.
In 2017 the Hartford Business Journal ranked us #1 of best places to work in their small business category. In 2018 the Hartford Courant did the same. Fulfilled, energetic teammates do great work for clients and, for SMC, that has resulted in very happy clients.
The statements in this document are made solely by SMC Partners, LLC. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT SMC PARTNERS
SMC Partners is an information technology, business process, human performance consulting and solution delivery company focused on healthcare, health insurance, and social services. SMC designs, builds, and operates administrative, care delivery capabilities and information technology applications that grow our clients’ enterprises. SMC’s focus is helping healthcare and social services clients, with the aim of enhancing outcomes for their customers – patients, health plan members, or residents of a caring community. With our clients, we share a vision of truly integrated care, where providers work together and share data to address multiple dimensions of overall health: physical, behavioral, and social. Services provided include population health, practice transformation, data management, health information exchange, process design, innovation and discovery, system design and development, and project management. Building this vision, one project at a time, helps our clients succeed in delivering value-based care.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- We love being together, at work and after hours.
- There’s a special energy here, and we channel that into group activities, like Bowling for Kids, volunteering at the Klingberg Family Centers auto show, building canned food art for The Chrysalis Center, competing in a Riverfront Recapture dragon boat, or competing in Tough Mudders and Spartan races.
- We are a competitive crowd, but we help each other over the walls – just like we do in our client engagements.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “SMC has been our technology partner for five years, helping our ACO partners exchange data and manage care across our community. They are great systems engineers and also engage on a personal level. SMC is a very special company!” – Director, Population Health Technologies
- “SMC helped us make challenging technical and clinical workflows move ahead seamlessly. We are months ahead of schedule. SMC took the time to get to know us and our business.” – Director, Information Services
- “We are proud to have partnered with SMC to create our Flexible Services Referral and Transaction system. When the COVID crisis arose, SMC accepted our challenge to have the system ready a week earlier than planned to meet our members’ needs for food. They provide excellent support to us and our SSO partners.” – Director, Social Determinants of Health