Stroudwater Associates serves healthcare clients exclusively. The firm is staffed by leaders and subject matter experts in healthcare, including clinicians and former CEOs, COOs, and CFOs. Stroudwater consultants understand that no two assignments are alike, so they take a personalized approach as trusted advisors.
Stroudwater has assisted ACOs and payors with overall ACO strategy and readiness assessment; development, implementation, and evaluation of care management models; operational process improvement; development and implementation of funds flow strategies; implementation of team-based care models; and integration of behavioral health, SUD, and social determinants of health.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- Stroudwater Associates is a leading healthcare consulting firm with clients in all 50 states.
- The firm’s broad understanding and experience with all elements of the payor and care delivery system are critically important for serving clients in an increasingly interconnected and interdependent environment.
- Integrity and long-term relationships are part of the Stroudwater DNA. The majority of our current clients are returning customers.
- Stroudwater consultants are experienced working with staff at all levels of its client organizations.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
Stroudwater was engaged by a 60-provider practice that was part of an integrated delivery system offering both clinical services and full-risk insured products. On a contribution margin basis, with Stroudwater’s assistance, the client significantly exceeded the initial $12M performance improvement estimate. Stroudwater and the client collaborated to address issues including staffing, provider contracts, revenue cycle, patient scheduling, productivity issues, workflow analysis, dashboard development, and the development of an intensive care management program for selected high-risk, high-complexity patients and members.
As an employee-owned company, every staff member has a stake in delivering exemplary client services – from the administrative team to the chairman of the board. An unwavering commitment to providing real-world counsel and actionable advice grounded in strong analytics and industry knowledge differentiates Stroudwater from other firms.
The statements in this document are made solely by Stroudwater. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
Stroudwater Associates is a leading national healthcare consulting firm serving healthcare clients exclusively. Founded in 1985, the firm focuses on strategic, operational, and financial areas where our perspective offers the highest value. The lighthouse featured in our logo represents our commitment to serving as a beacon of strength, guidance, and direction to ensure our clients’ success and sustainability through whatever storms they may weather. Offering real-world and actionable advisory services, clients are supported to navigate the dynamic risks of today’s healthcare environment, with an emphasis on the industry’s transition from a fee-for-service model to compensation based on quality of care, patient experience, population health, and reducing costs. Stroudwater’s staff has broad understanding and experience with all elements of the delivery system are critically important for serving clients in an increasingly interconnected and interdependent environment. Each assignment is approached with focus, energy, and drive to get it right.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- As healthcare experts, we believe taking the time to invest in our own health is critical. Staff and consultants stay active through sailing, running, soccer, yoga, skiing, cycling, kayaking, and rock climbing.
- Living and working in Portland, Maine, Atlanta, and Nashville, staff also volunteer within our communities including stints with civic, religious, and humanitarian groups.
- Given how much time we spend on the road, we collect hotel toiletries to donate to shelters for the homeless members of our communities.
- As a firm, we have collectively volunteered to cook, clean and serve meals at a homeless shelter, and collected school and household supplies for a women’s and children’s shelter; many in the firm support the United Way via payroll contributions.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “The consultants from Stroudwater brought strong knowledge and understanding of MassHealth’s overall goals and objectives for the MassHealth redesign initiative and provided “hands-on” assistance and support to develop the Care Management model and workflows for the new Lahey MassHealth ACO.” – MassHealth ACO
- “Stroudwater provided the industry knowledge, the training, the support, and the ‘push’ to make the hard changes. We did the work. That’s the only way to both achieve and sustain success.” – Hospital CEO