We serve healthcare clients exclusively. Our firm is staffed by leaders and subject matter experts in healthcare, including clinicians and former CEOs, COOs, and CFOs. Our consultants understand that no two assignments are alike and they take a personalized approach as trusted advisors. We have assisted ACOs and payors with overall ACO strategy and readiness assessment; development, implementation, and evaluation of care management models; operational process improvement; development and implementation of funds flow strategies; implementation of team-based care models; and integration of behavioral health, substance use disorders, and social determinants of health.
This TA Vendor has an Off the Shelf TA Project. Browse Off the Shelf TA.
WHAT MAKES THIS VENDOR UNIQUE
- We are a leading healthcare consulting firm with clients in all 50 states. As an employee-owned company, every employee from the administration to the board chair has a stake in delivering exemplary services.
- The consultant team for each engagement is led by a Principal or Senior Consultant with hands-on experience in their area of expertise.
- Integrity and long-term relationships are part of the Stroudwater DNA. Many of our clients seek us out for multiple follow-on engagements throughout their organization.
A SUCCESSFUL TA EXPERIENCE
A team of consultants provided advisory services assisting a client with the startup of its MassHealth ACO. We worked with a leadership committee to develop and implement all Readiness Review contractual requirements. We provided budget support, estimated return on investment, and acted as liaison with the MassHealth program. We worked with ACO clinical leadership to develop the overall Care Management Model and Care Management organizational structure for their new ACO. We evaluated the care management assessment tools and recommended additional risk stratification data elements to identify high risk MassHealth ACO members. We facilitated meetings between the ACO, Health Plan, and Community Partners to determine Care Management/Care Coordination roles and responsibilities and workflows. The ACO successfully met its contractual Readiness Review requirements by timelines agreed to with MassHealth. Its care management model, budgets, leadership, and infrastructure were in place by the specified MassHealth operational go-live date.
At the heart of Stroudwater’s volume-to-value transformation strategy is our Transition Framework. We firmly believe the necessary changes in the healthcare delivery system must move in tandem with reimbursement system changes. We have had great success helping ACOs and healthcare systems identify areas of misalignment and establish plans of action to address. The six offerings focus on areas where we have found opportunities to improve healthcare delivery system design and performance, thereby positively impacting ACOs’ outcomes and results. All offerings can be customized to meet your organization’s priorities and needs.
The statements in this document are made solely by Stroudwater. No statement in this document should be construed as an official position of or endorsement by Abt Associates Inc. or the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
Stroudwater Associates is a leading national consulting firm serving healthcare clients exclusively. Founded in 1985, the firm focuses on strategic, operational, and financial areas where our perspective offers the highest value. The lighthouse featured in our logo represents our commitment to serve as a beacon of strength, guidance, and direction to ensure our clients’ success and sustainability through whatever storms they may weather. Offering real-world and actionable advisory services, Stroudwater assists clients to navigate the dynamic risks of today’s healthcare environment, with an emphasis on the industry’s transition from a fee-for-service model to a value-based reimbursement model. Stroudwater’s staff has a broad understanding and experience with all elements of the delivery system that are critically important for serving clients in an increasingly interconnected and interdependent environment. Our team approaches each assignment with focus, energy, and drive to get it right.
ORGANIZATION FUN FACTS
- As healthcare experts, we believe that investing in our health is critical. Teammates stay active through sailing, running, soccer, yoga, skiing, cycling, kayaking, and rock climbing.
- Stroudwater consultants are active as volunteers at civic, religious, and humanitarian groups. We have volunteered at a local homeless shelter, collected supplies for a women’s and children’s shelter, and held food drives for a local soup kitchen.
- Our Portland, Maine office is dog-friendly and our canine “coworkers” help to keep office morale high.
QUOTES FROM CLIENTS
- “The consultants from Stroudwater brought strong knowledge and understanding of MassHealth’s overall goals and objectives for the MassHealth redesign initiative and provided “hands-on” assistance and support to develop the Care Management model and workflows for the new MassHealth ACO.” – MassHealth ACO
- “Stroudwater provided the industry knowledge, the training, the support, and the ‘push’ to make the hard changes. We did the work. That’s the only way to both achieve and sustain success.” – Hospital CEO