Fundamentals of HIV/AIDS
This one-day training geared to frontline workers, provides participants with basic and updated information about HIV/AIDS and focuses on building the participants’ ability to have more comfort when discussing sex and drug use. This includes risk factors, modes of transmission, signs and symptoms, prevention, the relationship between HIV and other STDs. Updated information on mother-to-child transmission and prevention and an overview of the epidemic is also covered. At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Accurately explain HIV transmission risk levels associated with sexual behaviors.
- Accurately explain HIV risks associated with substance use.
- Share knowledge about mother-to-child transmission of HIV.
- Explain how historical and ongoing oppression contribute to the global pandemic
- Identify the interrelationships among HIV, STIs, and viral hepatitis.